Medicare. Don’t Worry. As Of Today, You Are Covered.
If you need a colonoscopy, your proctologist, also known as a colorectal surgeon or coloproctologist may perform it at a surgical center or at a large hospital such as Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. There are many factors that go into the decision to perform a colonoscopy and where to perform it. Your doctor and staff will be able to guide you through these questions.
Some of the factors involved in the decision to have a colonoscopy are:
- Am I over age 50?
- Do I have a family history suggestive of an increased risk for colon polyps or colon and rectal cancer?
- Do I have new symptoms such as rectal bleeding, weight loss or, a change in bowel habits?
- Did I have a polyp in the past and now need a colonoscopy follow up?
- Did I have colorectal cancer in the past and now need follow up?
What about Insurance? Am I Covered?
With the advent of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obama Care, many patients have become confused about coverages for both their doctor and the hospital. Here are the facts as they are presently known:
- Most physicians, including the proctologists of Los Angeles Colon and Rectal Surgical Associates, are Medicare providers, meaning that they do accept your Medicare coverage (and most secondary insurance coverages) for your care. Los Angeles Colon and Rectal Surgical Associates is Located in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. (310)273-2310
- The same is true for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Your Medicare, and secondary coverage if you have it, are accepted to cover the cost of your evaluations and treatments.
It is as simple as that.